Located on the edge of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, Sera Prognostics, Inc. is a women’s health diagnostics company dedicated to improving the health of babies and mothers. We are a growing company tasked with becoming a global leader in high value women’s health diagnostics, delivering pivotal information to physicians that will improve health and improve the economics of healthcare delivery. According to Sera’s CEO, employees here must possess three qualities to be successful: 1) the individual must be passionate and dedicated to changing the world; 2) they must be smart and work smart; and 3) they must have absolute integrity. If this is you, we urge you to keep reading!
We are seeking a Key Account Manager to join our growing company. As a Key Account Manager (KAM), you will guide access, communication, and sales, between Sera and strategic prioritized regional accounts focusing on OB/GYN and MFM providers, along with other key decision makers at academic institutions, hospitals, teaching institutions, Independent Delivery Networks (IDNs), Integrated Health Systems (IHSs), and other potential customers based on Sera’s expanding portfolio. You will develop business plans aligned with corporate goals and support PreTRM testing within a geographically assigned territory with assigned accounts according to those goals. Key to this position is the ability to drive sales of PreTRM, leverage customer relationships and impact a variety of customer segments. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of customers and accounts within Obstetrics with a focus on Academic/IDN/IHS systems.
- Meet and exceed sales goals in assigned territory.
- Develop and execute strategic account planning, such as uncovering needs, stakeholder/influence mapping, identifying/prioritizing business goals. Establish and deliver value propositions, in collaboration with Marketing, Market Access, and Medical to achieve desired results.
- Gain access for PreTRM in accounts with clinical, financial, and organizational population health decision makers including, but not limited to, Medical, Purchasing, Laboratory, and C-Suite. Achieve advocacy for the treatment protocol access (inclusion in clinical/prescribers’ protocols and clinical pathways).
- Conduct and perform a budget impact model with prioritized customers to identify economic value.
- Strategic mindset and a strong grasp of the evolving healthcare landscape. Ability to monitor market, customer, and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness.
- Develop and leverage relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and relationships with clinical experts to apply at account levels to educate and inform therapeutic and protocols at an institution level.
- Identify the key stakeholders within each account and their respective priorities and build relationships throughout the organization.
- Develop cross-functional business objectives, prescriber growth, and other key metrics in the assigned territory.
- Use available resources to monitor and evaluate industry/managed care trends and communicate relevant information to those impacted (Sales Force, Leadership)
- Provide approved messages encompassing accurate clinical, financial, outcomes, and operational issues.
- Manage assigned accounts, budget, and allocated resources provided yielding maximum effectiveness.
- Be an agent on behalf of an assigned customer segment to the inside sales force to educate on relevant therapeutic account information. Collaborate with all Sera stakeholders to communicate status updates on prioritized accounts.
- Responsible for contract pull-through, solution development, coordinating selling, and other activities with the field for assigned Accounts & payer customers across multiple geographies.
- Utilizes process improvement expertise while working in alignment with the Market Access and Sales Team.
- Responsible for driving sales growth in key accounts.
- Works collaboratively within the Matrix and develops and follows appropriate communication cadence.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Account Manager for the implementation of health system/IDN projects.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of IDN, Regional Account, and/or National Account experience with knowledge across the commercial business.
- Track record of introducing disruptive technologies, new standard(s) of care, and protocol changes successfully.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive and complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process.
- Familiarity with clinical and economic outcome data, reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated track record of success and sales accomplishments.
- Ability to sell in a consultative manner such that the customer need is identified and addressed in an individualized clinical and data-driven manner.
- Proven ability to think strategically and work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and all departments within the company.
- Since this position requires extensive driving during the workday, a valid driving license and satisfactory driving record, as well as a serviceable vehicle available for work use are mandatory.
A successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Extensive Contracting Experience.
- Experience calling with customers in Woman’s Health.
- Experience or knowledge of payer access and reimbursement at assigned regional, state, and local levels.
- Experience with value-based contracting / budget impact model and/or protocol development.
- Expertise in developing and implementing large-scale projects while leading a multi-disciplinary team of stakeholders both external and internal to Sera Prognostics.
Benefits for Full-time Employees:
The excellent benefits package features an 85% to 95% premium paid healthcare plan, 14 paid holidays, three weeks of paid time off, employee stock options, and more!
How to Apply
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of this page to provide your information to our HR team.